U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is poised to raise – yes, raise – the limits for glyphosate residue allowed on fruits and vegetables sold in the U.S. stores. Glyphosate is the key ingredient in Roundup, Monsanto’s widely used broad-spectrum herbicide.
Is there any wonder why we don’t trust them on the GMO issue?
Vacations with a Garden
- Install a Drip Irrigation System on a Timer
- Be sure to Mulch
- Check around the Garden and Clean up before leaving
- Feed the Plants before you leave with some organic fertilizer
- Find a Garden Nanny ( Take Photos of Garden)
- Plan some Time in the Garden on Your Return.
Chemical Spray Drift Problems
Master Gardener Steven Graves wrote in about some problems he is having with spray from a nerby farm drifting in on his garden and some possible solutions.
In that discussion, the following radio shows/podcasts are mentioned:
Bob Webster – http://ktsa.com/pages/6341589.php
Howard Garrett – The Dirt Doctor – http://www.dirtdoctor.com/Dirt-Doctor-Radio-Broadcast-Archivesbr_vq1726.htm
Farmer Fred – Farmer Fred Rants